2005-12-19

News from NZ...

I'm back. And to celebrate, here is a story from a local paper over there. My apologies to all the good folk of NZ, this is not a fair reflection of your country, but it is very funny, I'm thinking of sending it in to Private Eye.

Also, a joke: what do you call a woman who stands between goalposts? A: Annette. And by odd coincidence, Mt Annette was the peak I climbed from the Mueller hut. More on that in the photo-essay to follow "soon".

Also, a note: I'm switching comments to "only registered users" just as soon as I can work out how to do it. I'm a bit fed up with anonymous trolls, named trolls are so much better...

[Update: BL points out the obvious: that Cairns is in Australia (the "West Island") not NZ. Oops. I knew that... He also says that he would have posted that here, except I insist on only registered users. So for the moment, I'm turning that off again, since he is the second person to somewhat dislike that feature, and on reflection I don't need it]

8 comments:

EliRabett said...

This is so common it has been retired in news of the weird (newsoftheweird.com of course).

Steve Bloom said...

I can't recall if he ever actually posted anything here, but would this mean the end for John A.? So sad if so...

Steve Bloom said...

By the way, whatever setting change you just implemented seems to require one to have a Blogger account (i.e., a blog) in order to post. Was this a ploy to get me to finally set up that truly empty blog (which I assure you it is and will remain for a while)?

Belette said...

Eli - oh dear, maybe I'll skip Private Eye then :-(

Steve - I wasn't quite sure what effect it would have. But I guess registering only takes a few secs, and you don't actually have to generate a blog. If its too annoying I could take it off again.

James Annan said...

I could be persuaded to sell off the "Empty blog" name, especially if someone suggests an alternative :-)

child said...

good site
http://www.childplanet.us/

dating online said...

child is good populer site

Swimsuit said...

good site
http://www.swimsuit.net.in/