2005-09-06

Bush to lead inquiry into Katrina

Radio 4 says: "Bush to lead inquiry into Katrina: US President George W Bush says he will lead an inquiry into how the Hurricane Katrina disaster was handled."

I can see it now: "So George, did you totally f*ck it up?". "No George I didn't". "Well George, that seems fair enough: after all, you're a complete bozo, who would expect you to do anything useful?".

At least in the UK we put a thin veneer of honesty over the process by getting a nominally independent judge who can be relied on the discover the right things, rather than let people investigate themselves. Banana republic, anyone?

[Update: Miriam points out this: "So I'm asking Congress, please investigate this now. Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Bush has taken a cue from Winston Churchill:
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Anonymous said...

The quote in the update is amazing. Even more amazing is that Brown is still employed. With reference to his prior employment, we can say "F*ck him and the horse he rode in on."