2006-01-16

Wikinews

A few snippets from wikipedia... I'm now an admin, and hence have ultimate power to CRUSH ALL MY ENEMIES HA HA HA HA!!! <evil laugh trails off into the distance>. Sadly no: the rules prohibit me from abusing my powers and there are always other people watching anyway. And not that I have too many enemies, Of Course. Some of the comments are interesting though: try the RFA, scroll down for the Opposes.

And I've just made my 10,000th edit. That slacker Lubos only has 2.3k, & Charles matthews has a feeble 54k.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Steve Bloom said...

Gee, William, thanks! If I hadn't followed that link I'd have remained ignorant of the exciting new concept of "protoscience." What will they think of next. Wouldn't "propeller science" be more apt? :)

8:44 pm  
Blogger Belette said...

Clearly you have too much time on your hands! Come on in, get yourself an account and have fun: if you go over to Cold Fusion you could even have the odd experience as editing on the same side as Lubos!

9:17 pm  
Anonymous Hans Erren said...

Congratulations, will you stop censoring talk pages now?

12:27 am  
Blogger Belette said...

Hi Hans. No, I'm afraid I can't stop, since I never started.

11:52 am  
Anonymous Hans Erren said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk%3AGlobal_warming&diff=32376459&oldid=32373745

9:50 am  
Blogger Belette said...

Hi Hans. If you can't tell the difference betwen blatant trolling and valuable discussion, then... that may explain your problems. You appear to have missed "I've rm'd a pile of trolling. This page gets long enough without total time-wasters. [[User:William M. Connolley|William M. Connolley]] 17:09, 22 December 2005 (UTC)." as well. Wiki isn't a discussion board, its an encyclopedia. You want to chatter, then sci.env is always open.

OTOH, if you have anything of value to contribute, do please feel free.

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home