2018-11-29

4th National Climate Assessment report: septics are sad

47002156_2100822113316044_1114944158235099136_o It turns out that there's a collection of review comments on, I presume, an early draft of the recent 4th National Climate Assessment report.

One John Christy (I presume it is he) says Half truths are nothing but lies. The oceans are not rising any faster than before. You can see all the correct science at cctruth.org.

David Albert says Climate change later in this century will be dominated by declining solar activity not CO2 or human activity. Human CO2 will never exceed 20% of the atmospheric content (Harde2017). To assert that it will warm in the future and that warming will be controlled by human emissions is speculative not supported by data.

Ross McKitrick says ...The wording in the opening sentence is imprecise and overconfident. There is little reliable information about the pace of changes on decadal and centennial time scales throughout Earth's history, yet you state without any qualifications that modern rates of change are unprecedented...

Angelica Marchia says The report should remove the unsupported major claim in that "... emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming..." The claim (that CO2 causes global warming) is unsupported by any valid method that has been properly published and peer reviewed.

David Wojick says This entire Message states a clearly false claim. The scientific literature is full of discussions of possible natural causes for the observed changes. Moreover, there are numerous studies that suggest that these changes are well within the range of natural variability.

Jan Dash (who has a PhD, you know) adds a comment that apparently comes from " Richard McNider and John Christy, The University of Alabama in Huntsville": In the last 25 years climate science assessment documents from the IPCC to the Present NCA-4 have devolved from a rational accounting of knowns and unknowns to a one-sided epistle for climate action...

Michael MacCracken says lots of things, but since he's mostly sane I didn't bother read any of them.

There are 251 pages of comments in total. Lord help anyone who has to read it all.

7 comments:

Dikran Marsupial said...

" Human CO2 will never exceed 20% of the atmospheric content (Harde2017)."

oh dear... :-(

Rzp said...

I don't think that is the actual John Christy. If you follow the link, it seems to be the personal site of one or more climate-skeptical researchers, largely focused (1) photosynthesis, (2) ocean evaporation, and (3) begging for money. Poking around, I see the author(s?) refer to themselves as "chemical engineers", and a photo on the presentations page identifies at least one of the authors as "Dave White". (They don't seem big on stating clearly who is actually behind the website, despite presenting themselves as researchers and asking for money.) I don't think Christy would choose this site to highlight over all of the others available on the internet supporting his view (and actually, I'm not sure this site _does_ support his view). Finally, the language of the comment doesn't sound like a published scientist. "Half truths are nothing but lies" is far too direct.

There are a few other comments in the document (posted under other names) which claim to be reposting comments by Christy (found by ctrl-F). I don't know if that's true, but at the very least (given how the comments read) the attribution seems more reasonable.

Rzp said...

Correction to previous comment - a published scientist writing in a professional capacity in a public comment.

Marco said...

There's something weird with the names and the comments. Most obviously, there are several comments from David Wojick, followed by some from "Christen Armstrong" with the exact same structure as those comments from Wojick, followed by some comments attributed to David Wojick again. Christen Armstrong may be working in the NOAA administration (assuming I googled the right person), which suggests something went wrong with the attribution there. Perhaps the same happened to "John Christy"?

Anonymous said...

Javier Lorenzo Galindo Ozuna: I found Madeleine and real brothers!!! His false name is Raquel Ludeƌ±a My name is Javier Lorenzo Galindo Ozuna and my brother Eric Garrido. We all live in Sant Andreu de la Barca

Response: The content of this comment has absolutely nothing to do with the scope of this document. However, the commenter's excitement is noted.

--
VB

Anonymous said...

Hello, After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: {drokosunspllhome01@gmail.com} or whatsapp +2349061515609 you can email or whatsapp him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

1) Love Spells
2) Lost Love Spells
3) Divorce Spells
4) Marriage Spells
5) Binding Spell.
6) Breakup Spells
7) Banish a past Lover
8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
9) want to satisfy your lover
Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
through {drokosunspellhome01@gmail.com}
or whatsapp +2349061515609

Unknown said...

i want to use this opportunity to tell everyone, that i am very grateful to this man Dr isong Spell Caster for helping me get back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him which was so strong and could even move ten mountains in a speed of light.So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr isong and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr isong my husband came back with apologies and love that he had never show me before. right now he doesn’t insult me any more rather he tells me how pretty and wonderfully made each morning. Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr isong which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him so he can also help you. Once again Dr isong i am extremely grateful to you {drisongspellhome@gmail.com} or you can message him on whatsApp at +2347063612587