2020-08-09

Did you miss me yeah, while I was away?

PANO_20200801_101512.vr

I'm back. Did you miss me? Well no probably not. We were back in the Ecrins, I shall bore you with more pix later, but for now this is a placeholder to excuse my failure to respond to comments and posts.

This pic largely summarises our holiday, if you know where to look.  Taken from the Montagne des Agneaux which I have finally got up. It is a good route, but long. Center: Glacier Blanc, and high point slightly L is the Barre des Ecrins. Sadly, bits of serac had fallen off not long ago and so it was strongly deconseillee. Instead we did the Pic du Glacier D'Arsine - on the spine to the R of the Gl Blanc - and Point Louise - again on the spine but further back. Before the Agneaux we did the Dome du Monetier, well sort of, actually the Pic du Rif, which is above the snowy glacier to the L, from the Lac d'Eychauda, which is off the pic and too low to see L. Peaking out off R are just visible two milky blue lakes at the Col d'Arsine, where we walked up to camp for our last night up. Looming darkly mid-L are the dents of the Pelvoux, which we once again didn't even attempt.

Refs


7 comments:

William M. Connolley said...

I see Blogger has updated its engine as it was threatening too. For me, this has made some formatting hard to achieve so apologies if anything looks wonky.

THE CLIMATE WARS said...

While you were up there, Bad Things happened to Mont Blanc
Do let us know what.

Meanwhile back in the innumeracy news

https://vvattsupwiththat.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-reapers-index-august-2020.html

William M. Connolley said...

Nothing bad has happened to Mt Blanc just yet... you're referring to Mont Blanc: Glacier collapse risk forces Italy Alps evacuation I think. Something similar happened last year. I don't know how real the risk is. But I have fond memories of Val Ferret. Oh, and nice link for estimated deaths.

THE CLIMATE WARS said...

Thanks- pleaase activate it-- I tried Chrome at your suggestion , but it does not seem to have worked -

William M. Connolley said...

You mean https://vvattsupwiththat.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-reapers-index-august-2020.html? Just std.html...

Anonymous said...

No.

You'll no doubt have been delighted to note that a troublesome pov fork you started has popped its clogs.

William M. Connolley said...

Charmed I'm sure. You mean Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Hockey stick controversy. I must hold a wake for it.