2005-10-08

My office

I know you must be wondering... what does the office of a famous climate modeller look like? Well, I can't tell you that, but I can show you a picture of mine.

Notice whats on the screen. Of course I'm not actually "in work" at this point.

I'm currently fighting a losing battle against getting the place redecorated and pointless modern plastic desks to replace the nice wooden desks (out of shot). There do seem to be limits to my powers.

On the window, you see one of my hobbies: collecting sugar paper wrappers. I hate restaurants which have sugar cubes in a bowl or those sugar shakers. No, I dont take sugar in my coffee. Also just visible behind my keyboard is the rubber chicken which lays an egg. Everyone finds it oh-so-tasteful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were older - but you are much cuter than I would have guessed.

Thanks for the peep inside your office.

John Cross

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the music recommendation -- I'll get it.

The comely assistant, the rubber chicken, the inexplicably large quantity of beverage containers... all that office needs is some nice curtains and you will have arrived!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and please don't get the wrong idea about my consumption habits, but where might I acquire one of those lovely chickens?

William M. Connolley said...

The chicken is one of the least tasteful things known to humankind... the way the egg comes out is especially yuk. This is the reference, but the pic doesn't do justice to its horribleness! Go get one now...