I am (as so often) looking for my post "I dislike rights-based language". But I can't remember exactly what I called it (when I started this process...). If I search for site:mustelid.blogspot.com "I dislike rights-based language" I get a link to 2021/06 which is, to be fair, Rawls, continued and does (now) refer into the then-future post. But it fails to find the post with that title. And a search for site:mustelid.blogspot.com "language" doesn't pull up anything relevant; nor does site:mustelid.blogspot.com "rights". FFS.
Another: I wanted my "Malthus" post. It turns out to be Why did Malthus assume linear increase in food? But site:https://wmconnolley.wordpress.com/ malthus doesn't find it. Interestingly, Bing does find it. Has it really come to this? Should I dump my Google stock? Happily, Bing still screws up the "rights" search.
Incidentally, I have "solved" this problem by Google Takeout of all my posts, and using good old reliable grep.
Another: Godwin's law.
* Extreme Weather #2 – Trends in Frequency and Intensity of Tropical Cyclones out over the Ocean
* Income and emotional well-being: A conflict resolved
* On Jobs and Economic Dynamism
* The Myth of American Inequality: How Government Biases Policy Debate
* This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things: Directionalists vs. Destinationists
* Give Up Seventy Percent Of The Way Through The Hyperstitious Slur Cascade - ACX
* Mixed Feelings About My First Fieldwork Project - Aardvarchaeology
I think Google is going downhill. Recently I was looking for something about Blogger, but almost all the returns were about WordPress. So I searched for "+blogger -Wordpress" but it didn't make any difference, I still got all the Wordpress items. I assume it's because WordPress pays them for search results. I've found similar searches recently too.
Post a Comment