2006-01-16

Wikinews

A few snippets from wikipedia... I'm now an admin, and hence have ultimate power to CRUSH ALL MY ENEMIES HA HA HA HA!!! <evil laugh trails off into the distance>. Sadly no: the rules prohibit me from abusing my powers and there are always other people watching anyway. And not that I have too many enemies, Of Course. Some of the comments are interesting though: try the RFA, scroll down for the Opposes.

And I've just made my 10,000th edit. That slacker Lubos only has 2.3k, & Charles matthews has a feeble 54k.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, William, thanks! If I hadn't followed that link I'd have remained ignorant of the exciting new concept of "protoscience." What will they think of next. Wouldn't "propeller science" be more apt? :)

William M. Connolley said...

Clearly you have too much time on your hands! Come on in, get yourself an account and have fun: if you go over to Cold Fusion you could even have the odd experience as editing on the same side as Lubos!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, will you stop censoring talk pages now?

William M. Connolley said...

Hi Hans. No, I'm afraid I can't stop, since I never started.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk%3AGlobal_warming&diff=32376459&oldid=32373745

William M. Connolley said...

Hi Hans. If you can't tell the difference betwen blatant trolling and valuable discussion, then... that may explain your problems. You appear to have missed "I've rm'd a pile of trolling. This page gets long enough without total time-wasters. [[User:William M. Connolley|William M. Connolley]] 17:09, 22 December 2005 (UTC)." as well. Wiki isn't a discussion board, its an encyclopedia. You want to chatter, then sci.env is always open.

OTOH, if you have anything of value to contribute, do please feel free.